Your Experience? I need more answers...PLEASE

I'm currently exclusively breastfeeding my 4 month old son. On the 8th I had some cramping and spotting just once. I never started a period and haven't since he's been born. I've been nauseous every morning and sometimes at night. My appetite has been different too. I took a pregnancy test a few days ago but it was negative. However, I'm cramping and nauseous still. I'm wondering if I'm pregnant but took the test too soon or if something else is going on.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Any tips or advice/experiences please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ive been breastfeeding for the past 7 months and just last week got my first period since i've gotten pregnant with my last little guy.
    If you think you may be pregnant, I know it must be hard to wait..but I would just wait another week and retake a test. Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Anything is possible. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is wait. Which, I'm sure, is the LAST thing you feel like doing right now. I would retest in a few days and make sure it's in the morning.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 1:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You could also have a stomach bug. But, it is possible to get pregnant again. Have you been having unprotected sex?

I started cycling again at 6 weeks, and I breastfed. So, fertility can and does return earlier for some.

If you still feel nauseous in 1 week, test again.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Nausea like that is often connected to gall bladder problems. Gallstones are a common souvenir of pregnancy. You would think the baby was enough!

Do you notice any particular triggers? Fats, creams and cheeses were mine. I wrote it off as flu until I had a severe attack on a business trip. Doc sent me for an ultrasound and they found lots of gallstones. I had my gall bladder removed, and no more problems.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• are gall bladder issues hereditary? It's nausea, headaches, morning grogginess, weird appetite
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If ur that worried call ur obgyn... They can test your blood and tell you if your preggo before a store bought test can...furthermore if its not that then they may be able to help with whatever the problem is
    Anastacia1988

Answer by Anastacia1988 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• hmm.. well i am exclusively breastfeeding my 4 month old daughter and got my perious last month on the 23rd for 5 days but it hasnt returned again yet. Which i find odd. But yes, i think you should go to the doctor. They always have the right answers! :)
    lovemylife88

Answer by lovemylife88 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I had cramping through the third month of breastfeeding but never had bleeding until we stopped nursing. If you're worried talk to your doctor.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 8:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011