im i just being stupid???

ok so my last ultrasound was october 15th and since then iv been worried that the cord (cant spell the first part and not gonna try) is gonna get wrapped around her neck and kill her am i being stupid or is that normal????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• that wont happen .. its so rare for something like that to happen. i think its natural to worry about your baby, but try not to let it get to you because there is no need for it. youll cross that bridge in the future IF it is needed which it most likely wont.
    Anonymous

• lol i take it you're a first time mommy? it's normal to be worried that something will happen to your baby. i used to scare myself all the time when i was pregnant
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• That's a normal fear, and you're going to worry about a lot more stuff as a parent too! Don't spend too much time on it because the stress isn't good. Most cords are not long enough to do this. Also a lot of babies are born with a cord around the neck once and the doc just says "stop pushing" you stop, doc removes the cord from the neck and then says "okay push again." and that's it. It's usually only dangerous when the cord is wrapped around twice then it's harder to untangle. It's very unlikely to be a problem at all before delivery.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• its normal things that you worry about every woman goes through some sort of worry its part of the pregnancy. just try to tell yourself that the baby is going to be fine. and not to worry!
    RomeoButtlerMOM

Answer by RomeoButtlerMOM at 5:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Babies move a lot and the cord is always moving with them. It is an understandable fear, but something that you should stress over. I have never heard of a baby choking on their cord in the womb. Think positive thoughts about how healthy your baby is. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Most babies(all of mine) are born with their cord around thier neck. It's not a big deal at all. They simply pull it off.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It's very normal to worry but the cord being wrapped around the baby's neck is not going to kill it.
    amber1216

Answer by amber1216 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• it shouldnt kill your baby if it did. my daughter had the cord wrapped around her neck, and she was just fine. THANK GOD. she didnt cry the moment she came out cause they had to unwrap it. but other than that, she is very healthy, and im so happy for that.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 5:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It's not stupid, but also not something to worry about!

The cord would most likely become a problem during birth, but they'll be watching that very closely. It's actually very common for the cord to be wrapped around Baby's neck when they're born (my son's was) but it's very rare for a baby to suffer complications from it. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Its nothing to worry about! with my son I used to cry, bad....... I was sure I was going to die in child birth and he was my third!!!!!!! I laugh now, but then i didnt think it was too funny! good luck to you hunny, it goes by way to fast!
    hhmm702

Answer by hhmm702 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008