Teething

my 6 month old is getting his first tooth. i have given him teething toys, put baby orajel on the spot and mssage his gums. does anyone have any other remedies to ease the pain..

KiraStadnik

Asked by KiraStadnik at 2:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as he is CLOSELY monitored since chunks can be a choking hazard, my personal suggestion is a frozen waffle

also have u done the inverted frosty washcloth trick?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• no i havent
    KiraStadnik

Comment by KiraStadnik (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• wet a rag. stick your index finger in it and the put into freezer wet with finger shaped slot. freeze and hand to baby.... it's supposed to be "the best" but my kids both mostly gnawed waffles.... I think because of the texture. so unique
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• They have those fruit nets that have a handle on them. I used to put an ice cube in it instead of fruit and let him chew on that. The wash cloth does work, too.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• amber teething necklace! u can buy them on line! ur child wears it and the oils in tha amber relieve pain! my dd has had one for a year! she has 12 teeth and i hardly ever notice her getting teeth in except when she gets 2 or more at a time! she got her one year molars and i had no clue until i was brushing her teeth! i bought one from amberpumpkin.com!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2011