Baby Food Questions!

So I started my 6 month baby on cereal about 2 weeks ago. She eats it only at night around 7 and she LOVES it!!. How long did you wait to start other foods and how much did you give your baby. I have heard its best to start with the orange veggies and then wait a week to introduce baby to new foods. Advice please.
Thank you!

jenna_rose

Asked by jenna_rose at 2:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It doesnt really matter the color of veggies you start with.Just pick one and go with it,lol. I started my youngest on cereal about 5 1/2 months once a day. After about a week, I increased to twice a day. ABout the third week I substituted the dinner cereal for a vegetable. I try a new veg about every 2-3 days. We don't have a history of allergies in our family..so I'm not super concerned about allergies..but I do pay attention to any signs. My baby boy is now just over 7 months. He eats 3 meals a day..bfast cereal/fruit, lunch baby yogurt or fruit or a veg,dinner veg& fruit. AND of course..he nurses ( or I try to give him a bottle of formula) about an hour before each meal
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would skip the cereal and go to slices of avocado, baked sweet potatoes and bananas. Look up baby led solids...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i made my own baby food and started around 7months! just do one food at a time for at least 3 days and then u can switch foods!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I've heard that it takes a baby 7 tries before they acquire a taste for the new food you introduce. Don't introduce a new food until they "enjoy" the first one...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2011