Mucus?

I have mucus behind my nose and in the back of my throat... I can feel it but it's stuck. It's not dripping or anything. Today my glands feel swollen.... I'm going to the doctors in about an hour but does anyone know what this is or how it can be treated?
I don't have a fever or the flu.. the mucus is just thick and dried between my nose and throat making it hard and painful for me to swallow.

Ps- I tried taking mucinex yesterday and it didn't help at all. I even tried getting it out in the shower but it barely came out. Hot tea I thought forsure would do the trick but it didn't ........

Miszross

Asked by Miszross at 2:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Health

• It sounds like a build up - I get like that often. I usually just keep taking my mucinex and a hot shower to steam up the bathroom and it will start loosening up.
    doopey

Answer by doopey at 2:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Try a Neti Pot or Sinus Rinse.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Glad going to the doctor cause if mucnex is not working it might be a sinus infection and doctor can give you something for that. Fluids, a hymidyer, sleep propped up might help with some of it.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Hope your dr. visit went well!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I hope everything went well
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2011