Does anyone believe Kristie Alley's apology?

I don't know that i believe her apology for using the "R" word. I have children with special needs and for her to use the excuse that she was using the dictionary definition sounds like a lame ass apology. Any thoughts?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 3:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Entertainment

• I think 99% of celebraties have fully forgotten what it is like to be a normal human being - they have boosted egos for so many years and apparently that gives you the right to treat "average" people like garbage also when you have tons of money... No she's not sorry, no one who is forced to say sorry, is sorry..she just got reprimanded and was told to apologize.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Who really cares?
    Anonymous

• Personally I think people are a little too touchy about this. A word is just a word.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• What I don't get is why this is an issue. You yourself called your child or children special needs not the "R" word.. Maybe it is time to just move on and let the term be used correctly. Machinery that malfunctions is called retarded, it is a mechanical term not meant for people!
    Anonymous

• I never heard it was an issue but I can honestly say the word only bothers me when it is used to describe a handy capped person. The word on it's own just means slow. 'The trained was retarded and late getting to the station.' 'Susan was retarded in catching on to the joke.' Calling someone who is handy capped the R word is wrong. Someone somewhere a long the line decided to make it a derogatory term. shame on them.
    Anonymous

• It's like everything else nowadays..no matter what you say you are going to offend someone. People are just too sensitive. It's sad that we have to censor every word we speak to try to be sure someone doesn't get hurt. Sad sad sad
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• When did she use the "R" word?
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• she tweeted it then removed it after she "Aplogized" And yes i have every right to get mad at people using this term for children or adults and you just compared a human being to machinery
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• And if its not meant for people then why use it for people? would it be ok for me to use the word dumb ass for someone that wasnt as smart as me? i think not
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• thats exactly what she did!! that is why i am mad and then she tip toed around it and then said sorry like it was no big deal and deleted it.
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011