Is letting my daughter play with a tooth brush randomly through the day a bad idea?

My 2 year-old likes to chew and play with one of the extra tooth brushes that came in a pack.. should i be taking that away from her?

She doesn't run with it, just sits there and chews on it or will play with it. once she is done with it (for the short break) she puts it on one of the tables and goes about her day until the next time.

Is it bad?

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 3:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would say yes, but i will never forget watching a show where the little boy did run with one and fell. I think it was rescue 911. she may not run with it but it can happen and she might so i believe its best to be safe.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• The only thing I'd be worried about is if she's chewing on it, the spiky little bristles might come off into her mouth. I doubt it's dangerous, but she probably wouldn't like the way that feels and those little suckers are a pain to find and remove from a toddler's mouth.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I remember watching that show Jenn, scared the tar out of me! but with her not running and sitting when she chews on it i want to say I am safe from that happening...
    zoejains_momma

Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Well, technically she could run and fall and hurt herself with almost anything, unless you only let her play with plush toys. That's why I didn't point that particular risk out. My daughter fell with her sippy cup, and she wasn't even running. She fell, landed on it just right, and ended up with a huge, darkly bruised goose-egg on her forehead. Stuff happens, just use common sense and good instincts :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• One of my cousins is old enough to brush her teeth on her own and she must of brushed too hard and made a big hole in the inside roof of her upper mouth. ouch! i'm sure things can happen but you know your daughter better then us
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• just sitting with it seems okay to me. just not running around wild with it. though if ur concerned maybe try to direct her to other toys
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011