Baby screaming bloody murder

My 6 mos old was screaming unconsolable, bloody murder for about an hour Monday, and his sitter has been tetxing me that he's been doing it off and on all day today as well. In between, he's just been really fussy and cranky, which is out of his normally very calm demeanor. He my be teething, but no one can find any buds popping up. I'm concerned thatthere could be something more serious with him...he has a 6 mos check up next Monday where I will bring it up to his Dr if its still an issue, but would it be right for me to be worried about this? His dad, sitter, nor I can figure out what's wrong w him; he doesn't seem to be hurting any where in particular that we can pinpoint.

nappeal

Asked by nappeal at 3:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmmm... I would say teething can really do a number even on a calm baby...But if you feel that Mommy GUT telling you something is off run don't walk to doc..If it's nothing who cares? At least you did what was right...
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Does he arch his back a lot? When mine does that it's usually gas... Are you bf or ff? Change formulas? Add any solids to diet? If bf, have you eaten something that doesn't agree with your LO?
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 3:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• He's bottle fed...his dad thinks it's growing pains, but even after having 3 kids, I've never heard of growing pains in a baby so little? I work in pediatrics and know that something as simple as unconsolable screaming can mean a whole lot of really bad things.
    nappeal

Comment by nappeal (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think they can have growing pains, he could be going through a growth spurt, poor little guy though! I would also guess gas, but like Kelly said use your mommy instincts. I hope he's back to himself soon :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I am guessing ear infection... if he screams tonight,, take him to the walk in clinic, good luck momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Has anything changed lately? Have you been introducing solids? any new foods he is trying?
    how often is he pooping?
    are his sleep patterns the same or has his sleep been disrupted in the night?
    is he grabbing at his body anywhere?
    dancingWNC

Answer by dancingWNC at 4:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Unfortunately there's nothing like that! He hasn't been sleeping as soundly for the last couple of weeks, but I know babies can change up their sleep routine around his age. I haven't noticed him grabbing @ any particular part of his bady.
    nappeal

Comment by nappeal (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If this is not normal for him, then I would absolutely think its more than just being cranky. And as a mom, you feel bad that nothing helps. Is there a certain time he crys more? Like when he is laying down, or after he eats? My oldest was a happy baby and then when she was about 4mo old, she became a very fussy baby. We found out she had acid reflux. Her doc gave her some meds and by the time she was 1yr, she grew out of it. If you think something is wrong, always trust your gut!
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2011