Who else has had measured big when the doctor checked your fundal height?

I had my 28 week checkup this morning. The doctor measured my fundal height and said I was measuring big at this app and at the last. So she scheduled an ultrasound for my next app to find out why. I know the possible reasons for measuring big. So my guess is that DS is going to be a big baby like his dad who was 9lb 10oz at birth. If you have measured big before what was the reason?

Isaacs_Mommy20

Asked by Isaacs_Mommy20 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a friend measure 7 weeks ahead. She delivered an average sized baby a week before her due date. It could be the way your baby is laying or how your uterus is growing. I found this out today because I'm measuring small.
    Yuriko_chan

Answer by Yuriko_chan at 3:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• How much bigger? At my 28th week appt I was measuring 27 and at my 30th week appointment yesterday, I was measuring 31.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My friend was measuring 37 weeks at 30 weeks.
    Yuriko_chan

Answer by Yuriko_chan at 3:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I am curious to see what others say too because I went last week and I was measuring really big to so he said he wanted to see me back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound. Not sure how much bigger I am showing, but I am 25 weeks last weeks app I was 24 weeks and 2 days. I have already gained 45 pounds. My first baby was 8.1 and second was 8.7. I know my very first app he was saying the ultrasound was showing I was feartehr along so I am praying for that rather than anything else so I guess I will see what happens when I go back next Thursday.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• The doctor didn't tell me how much bigger I was measuring. Although it would be nice to know. She just said that I have measured big twice in a row and she wants to have an ultrasound done to find out why. I was so excited about getting another chance to peek at my baby boy that i forgot to ask lol.
    Isaacs_Mommy20

Comment by Isaacs_Mommy20 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Fundal height is the absolute most inaccurate measure of baby. U/S doesn't get too much better. Do NOT let the doctor try to talk you into induction or c-section based on macrosomia. In fact, it would be against ACOG guidelines.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I also would like to add I have known many mom's that were talked into having baby early for suspected macrosomia and baby was tiny and had many preemie signs including needing to go into the NICU for a bit.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My reason was i was having twins at 37 weeks when i had them i was at 50 weeks
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 4:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

they let you get to 50 weeks???
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have known some 43 and 44+ weekers, never seen nor heard of a 50 weeker.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2011