Sitting in class

I'm thinking of sitting in my sons 6th grade class,but at the same time I don't want kids to make fun of my son either,although that might be unavoidable. I'm hearing from my son all the time that he is getting yelled at,and the teacher claiming he isn't doing his work. My son said she is a freaking liar,and that she hates him. She already said he isn't going on any of the end of year field trips. I think if he is fighting or cursing then this calls for him to not go but I for some reason feel that this teacher has it against my family. She also taught my daughter and my daughter had a hard time in her class and only in her class. So if your a mom of a 6th grader would it be something you'd do if it was your son or daughter and you felt like maybe it would help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd have a sitdown with the teacher and the principal before making any other decisions.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm not getting anywhere with the teacher or principal because they are PALS. Other kids complain about the teacher too and say she is a bitch. I hate to use that word but that's what they say.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would ask if i could sit in class all day.. Just see how she interacts with different classes and see if maybe its the full class not just your son. AND, I would go over her head and talk to the principle about it

zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't know that it would help. You would be getting a biased look at the class, for sure.

If you think it will help though, you know your child and the situation a lot better. Is this something allowed by the school?

I am not advising against it, I just think that i is unlikely to give you a look at what is "really" going on.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 4:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• okay, talk to whomever is above them. ridic.!
    zoejains_momma

• would I ask her or the principal?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm also wondering if I go talk to the district if they could possible help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Okay honestly it sounds like you and the teacher have a personal issue, and if you son is having issues, he would blame her anyway! It really sounds like this might be a load of crap on your kid's sides! If you want to randomly stop in the classroom, go for it, but dont assume your child is automatically innocent either! I am not blaming your child, but it is common place for a parent to automatically believe thier child, a one on one is best for this situation with the principal and OTHER teachers that teach your son also! Like music, and art, and gym...etc. see if they all agree, or if it really is JUST the homeroom teacher!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Where my kids go to school you can show up unannounced, if that's an option I say do it. I went through this with my oldest son. It was her first year teaching 3rd grade until then she taught JR High, she had no idea how to deal with 9/10 yr old children. She was a b*tch. I tried going to her first, but she was clueless. I was able to take all my facts to the principal and told him it was his job to provide a safe learning enviroment and to manage his teachers to handle children at an age appropriate level. These children are 10 not 15. I was lucky the principal was on my side and the actions were all corrected. My son's teacher yelled at her students, told them they were stupid when they didn't understand, refused to help them, slammed books on their desks, it was a horrible experience for my son. I refused to allow my 2nd child in her classroom. If you can't get anywhere with the principal go above him. Good Luck
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My son said that she grabbed him around the neck too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011