It seems like the moms who...

constantly make posts ( like on Facebook) about hoew much they love their kids ( I am talking about everyday posts ) ... are the ones who arent really kid moms at all.......... Has anyone noticed that ?

I am saying this as a good mom - a mom who honestly puts everything above her kids, who stays up at night worrying about her kids, who does everything for her kids and who knows her heart would automatically stop beating if something happened to them...........

But I dont feel the need to post all of that everyday...

i am saying this because it bugs me... maybe because of a certain person doing it - but I know this is true and I am wondering if anyone else thinks this to be true as well..

For example my cousin makes a post almost everyday about how much she loves her kids and how much she loves being a mom and "if you mess with my kids, dig yourself a hole" ...... this bugs me because , yes I am sure she loves her children, but she doesnt take care of them, she is 100% a sh*tty mom.... I have her children more than her... After getting them in the morning, feeding them breakfast, lunch and dinner, giving them their baths, she will pick them up ( i want to make it clear she doesnt work or do anything else while i have them) ... she then realizes she doesnt want them for the night and she will then drop them off at her moms, their other grandmas or their fathers....

grr.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I see it, but sadly I do get upset when I see friend who HAVE kids never once mention their kids.. makes me feel like their kids aren't important to them. I would rather see a parent who over brags about their kid (they must be paying attention) than a parent who never mentions their kids
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Sounds like someone I know who used to post how much she loved her husband and how they were still newlyweds after all this time blah, blah. yup..divorce was rearing it ugly head the whole time.

Perhaps its self affirmation, I don't know. Don't get angry-at least somewhere she is trying to be supermom.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• wow! maybe when she posts something up say in reply to her comments "i have your kids today, all day from 8 till 5, are they coming tommorow too? and by the way, little Johnny lost a tooth! should i put money under the pillow too?" let everyone see that even though she loves her kids a lot, that they arent ever in her care for her to be a mother. they will eventually get the hint if you do it often enough.

americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I see this as true. My cousin is a worthless piece of shit mother and she writes about her boys several times a day.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I know mom's who also like to "talk the talk" better than walking the walk." I just TRY to avoid those people -- and you know what else I did ? I had this REALLY annoying (two-faced) "friend" on facebook that ALWAYS seemed to annoy me no matter what she posted -- so I deleted her. Period -- I decided that life has enough stressors in it, I didn't need to keep a person in my life (or on my page) -- who irritates me so much!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I know exactly what you mean!! My ex-SIL is the same way. She says how much she does for her kids, how hard it is being a single mom, how she would do anything for her kids, etc etc. I'm not saying she doesn't love her kids in some wierd way but no I don't think she cares about them as much as she says she does. My MIL lives upstairs from me & dh and I know for a fact that my ex-SIL drops those kids off and will not see them for days sometime a week or 2 at a time. She'll tell us that she has to work and can't be with them then I'll go on facebook and her friend makes a comment about how drunk ex-SIL was the night before at the bar. She does work but only about 14 hours a week - not 2 weeks straight. Yet the kids are here ALL THE TIME!!!!! How can you say you love your kids and would do anything for them, etc etc if you don't take care of them.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I do know what you mean! I simply have removed everyone who isn't to my family standard from my FB even family. I mentio my children all the time, BUT I am a SAHM who is an army wife, I NEVER go out, I spend very day with my kids and husband, I am T-ball coach, soccermom, ballet coach, and PTA... and there is no reason I shouldn't post about my kids....BUT I am always erasing people who try to act like super parents, when in the long run they are losers! God will help all souls who look for Him, and that is what I pray for them as I erase them :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I usually only put funny stories up,, but the dig a hole thing? Weird if you ask me! My SIL constantly puts up pics of my 22 year old nephew, saying I love you so much ,,,blah blah blah,,,so I get the post,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I deleted a girl like that. I swear every 5 seconds she would put up a mile long post that described her kids as the most perfect, genius, superhuman Christian kids EVER. And how she loved being the perfect super Christian perfect wife and mother. LITERALLY! Then, on Christmas, she posted about how each of her amazing and perfect kids got 56 presents a piece, one got a camcorder, one got a laptop and the little one got some equally huge gift and all got flat screen tv's for there rooms.

She is a crappy mom BTW...but OMG how she will brag on her PERFECT kids.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I know a GUY like that!! My husbands cousin drives me crazy!!!! Always calling the Ex's names "waiting for the b**** to get the kid." Advertising on FB that he is buying a truck, that he's looking for work.....(just showing everyone what a bum he is one minute then trying to look good a day later)
    Someone called him out on FB and it was so funny! Then he admitted his mother was buying him the truck. He said he is selling things cuz the kid needs shoes and food, then starts posting that he is going out. Everyone knows how he is. A 34 yr old with 3 kids to 3 different women that he don't help out at all and will always live with his mother without a job!
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 4:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011