How often do your Inlaws or Your parents. see your child/ children

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• My parents use to see my children on a daily basis, my in laws not so much.

Answer by older at 4:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I am the parent and the in-law, and we see our grandchildren several times a week, mainly because we all live in the same neighborhood and I often watch the children for moms to keep appointments, run errands, and the like. I just got home from watching 2 of my grandsons for a couple of hours so that Mommy could take care of some things she needed to do.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Their Bio grandparents live in WA and mine live in OR while we live in Texas. They haven't see my oldest in 2.5 years and never met my youngest. my SIL saw us in September but thats it.. thank gosh for photos over facebook!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• my parents last saw my kids jan. 2010 - we moved 3000 miles away so its hard :(. my inlaws saw them earlier this month an the last time befor that was christmas time.. we live 5 hours from them.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• my husband's side,never. His mom walked out of our lives over a satellite tv bill. When she sees us she says hi and keeps walking like we're strangers.
    my mom sees my son maybe once a month. She's not interested in seeing him. Don't know why.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My mil sees my middle son often, she lives a few miles from us and he calls her at least 2x/wk asking to go to her house. Most of the time she will let him. Sometimes my little one will go with as well. My oldest used to go to her house as well, but now that he is a teen he has other things he wants to do. My parents live in another city 1/2 hr away, so with schedules and all they don't see the kids during the week (during school year). My mom sees the kids about 2-3 saturdays a month, and my dad sees them every once in a while. (he will stop by my mom's when we are there). This summer my dad is going to have my oldest a few days a week every week.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My parents see them maybe twice a year. My inlaws maybe once if they are lucky and nice enough.
    Regina_Falange

Answer by Regina_Falange at 4:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My son is going to be 4months soon and my MIL saw him once at 1month and my FIL saw him once a few weeks ago. They live in Ohio. My father does too and he just saw him for the second time since birth, this easter. My mother was there at the birth but hasn't seen him since because she lives in Las Vegas finishing up her PhD. We're military so we live aways from family
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 4:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• not as much as they should, but I don't drive and dh never wants to go anywhere once he gets home from work plus I have to get them ready for the next day anyway since they both are in school. My in laws like dh's grandma, aunt and uncle only see the kids 2 times a year and that is birthdays. DH's mom would probably have our kids all the time, but she passed 2 months before our wedding. DH's dad sees the kids on birthdays and christmas. His other aunt, uncle, sister, cousin and nephew that is the same age as our oldest sees them once a year on christmas. My momand dad sees the kids a lot now cause I am pregnant and my mom watches the girls when I go to the dr, but normally it is only when I go over there or birthdays and holidays. The rest of my family sees the girls on bdays and holidays I have 2 aunts and 2 uncles that live ways away that only sees them once a year for that weekend or week.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My mom and step dad see our kids weekly. My dad and step mom a couple of times a year. His mom has only laid eyes on our one of our kids and that was 10 1/2 years ago. His Dad see's our kids once every couple of months. His aunt and grandmother see's our kids daily and weekly.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011