Poor baby allergies =(

I'm trying to find some safe/natural/effective ways to help my sons allergies. He's almost 4months old now. He itches his eyes, rubs his nose, gets stuffy (usually at night), and has puufy eyes with dark circles. Between this and teething it really seems to bother him and his sleep. He's exclusively breastfed, takes probiotics, and I use a humidifier and saline drops when needed. I feel so bad for him, any suggestions?

-lovingliam-

Asked by -lovingliam- at 4:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Here is a bump. My 4 month is going through the same thing. She can't even go outside withou having coughing spells. We have to give her breathing treatment and put antibiotics in her eyes.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• im sorry to hear that! baby allergies are so sad
    -lovingliam-

Comment by -lovingliam- (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You might consider his bedding & stuffed animals. We switched to the all-free laundry detergent from Dreft and washed everything every week. For tummy time (if you are doing this yet) we also made sure the floor was freshly vacuumed (but usually put fresh-washed blankets down for him). And if you have a boppy or your own clothing that he comes into contact with, make sure you use the same soap. We found that the all-free clear stuff worked even better than Dreft even though Dreft smells so good! Consider soap/lotion you are using too (on yourself & him). We were using J&J and switched to the Cetaphil that they used in the hospital & it helped a lot. He still has allergies now at nearly 2 and it hasn't really been pinned down to anything other than "environmental". I'm sure your doctor mentioned some of what you eat can be passed into your breast milk and be contributing to his allergies. Good luck.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Anything that is not 100% cotton makes my son worse. It is hard to find especially anything warm but it did help him. Good luck!!!

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 10:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I only put him in 100% cotton because it breathes better and he runs hot. Also, we use hypoallergenic/dye free laundry detergent on all of our clothes. I use Babyganics fragrance free lotion on him and Aveeno baby fragrance free lotion on me. Anytime he gets tummy time it's on clean blankets. We're very environmentally friendly here, that's why I'm trying to figure out what we can do further.
    -lovingliam-

Comment by -lovingliam- (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I turned my bathroom into a sauna it seem to help loosen my sons sinuses up so I could suck it out so he could breath etter and I tilted his mattress so he wasn't sleeping flat so it would drain.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 1:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2011