What would you do? Carseat question

If you saw a woman who has an 18 month old, in NO carseat, what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sorry but I most likely will be minding my business.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• call the police and report her
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• mind my business and pray that the child will get a carseat soon..you never know what her circumstances are
    Anonymous

• how do we know for a fact the child is 18 months old?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I know the woman and her child. I know her circumstances. Shes not that great of a mom and this just bothers me. I fear for her child!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It depends on the day and my mood.. and not to sounds like a ..b word but how the person looks.. if they look like a crazy lady who is gonna try and kill me i keep my mouth shut but sometimes i scream ITS YOUR JOB TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS NOT RISK THEIR LIVES!!!!!
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• well, you didn't say that originally. you just said if we saw. now we know her too? that changes the cards. if i knew her, i would give her a quick rundown of carseat safety laws and hope she takes the advice. beyond that though its none of my business.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• How is child endangerment and breaking the law involving a child not our business?

I would call the police and make sure I knew her plate numbers when I did call.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Can she afford one? If not, why not go get her one? She probably knows the laws and doesn't care. In that case, saying something to her will not do a bit of good.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• oh yeah my friend did that.. but she was my really close friend and i sat down with her and i said.. i love you and dont take this the wrong way but i know you are a better mom and person then that ( even tho she wasnt just trying to make her feel good about herself maybe give her some confidence) and i said put that baby in a car seat cause, you could never live with yourself if anything happen..
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2011