my son is 6 soon to be 7 and his dad is still giving him a sippy cup ,when hes been weend form it for years at my house his dad dosent see it as a problem is bottel rot a fear for him ?

jnnfrsandy19

Asked by jnnfrsandy19 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Only if he goes to sleep drinking juice or milk.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Wow I would talk to his dad about it, I think its he is a little old for a sippy cup
    Jennifer_236

Answer by Jennifer_236 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Too old to be drinking from a sippy cup. Maybe he can get him one of those cups with the top and straw.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Have you talked to him about it? Is he worried about spilling? My 3 year old does not even use a sippy cup. We just have a "no food or drinks leave the kitchen/dining room" rule.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 4:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't see a difference between that and a bottle of water with a drinkable cap on it and adults use those. It's just about convenience.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My 5 year-old was just broken of a sippy cup of water at night. I can see where he is coming from, less mess, less chance of spill.. but Yes, there may be a time when the kids are too old. for bed, I dont see an issue if it is just water so they dont spill or miss the table. but as a daily drinking container.. yeah.. time to give that up
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• well at his age it is not normal for him to be on a sippy cup my son is now 3 soon to be 4 he was off the sippy cup before 2 and his father tried giving him a sippy cup and he tossed it and said he was a big boy
    i think your sons father is just lazy
    Marie111348

Answer by Marie111348 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If he goes to sleep sucking on it it could be. If he is just drinking out of it at meals and snacks while he is awake, it would be okay. Maybe he spills a lot when he is there? I was giving my niece a sippy cup when she was 7 because every single time I gave her a drink she would spill it! She just didn't pay attention when she was eating and drinking!
    NickiKidsOnGo

Answer by NickiKidsOnGo at 5:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• you have too lay down the rules you can be faceing bottle rot be careful
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think just water is ok.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 4:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2011