Don't you think it is just amazing when you see your kids grow from one day to the next?

I just seen my 2 year old actually get the broom and dust-pan and sweep up a few pieces of crumbs that he dropped on the floor. And then, I look at my 4 month old and she is actually holding her brothers little truck and playing with the wheels! Wow! I didn't know they could do this! They are really growing everyday and I guess sometimes we just don't see it.... Lol! I am not going to have to change diapers forever!! They are getting older!

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• I know , my two year old decided last night that he would get dressed completely by himself and refused to get any help from me from the pull up to the pajamas. It's so cute yet so sad to see them grow up and realize that pretty soon they are going to be pain in the butt teenagers lol.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 5:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I love it. They learn so much so fast. But it is also kind of sad, because it seems like they don't need you as much anymore.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yes, there is hope! One day you will have no diapers to change!! I promise!

I am constantly amazed at how my kids are developing. Sometimes I am amazed they survived so long, I can't even keep a plant alive.

Really though, I know what you mean, enjoy it while it lasts!!
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 5:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I was talking to my DH last night about how fast they grow up. (i'm getting teary eyed now) After I got done talking to him I went and sat by my oldest whose 2 and watched her sleep a little and then I went and was looking at my almost 1 year old (18 days left!) This year has flown by and it makes me sad b/c one day they wont want to go shopping with me, or help me cook dinner.
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 6:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I never noticed before, but when my 14 year old DS had his school pictures taken (by my sister, who's a photographer, so they were SOO much more creative then the stupid Lifetouch jobbies) I realized how handsome he is! I was SSSOOOOO happy because he looks like me and I'd make a very ugly looking man! I took the pics to work and my co-worker (who is 24 and single) wanted to know if I would mind if she asked him out! She thought he was 20. And I swear yesterday I was trying to break him off his pacifier....
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My son will be one on Christmas Eve.... where did this year go! It's been amazing to watch him grow and learn so many new things, but it makes me a little sad because he will never be a little baby again.
    Sandie0819

Answer by Sandie0819 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I had a moment like this this morning. We were running late and I drove my DD (who is 7) to school instead of me and her brother walking her. I pulled as close as I could to the school, which ended up being across the street from the parking lot next to the building. She got herself out of the car, walked to the crosswalk, waited for the crossing guard, and proceeded to the front entrance. I looked like a fool in my pajamas and messy hair watching her from the car, but I was so proud of her. But at the same time, I miss those baby years (with both my kids).
    PnMMom

Answer by PnMMom at 10:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2008