Ok, I have a seven in a half month old son. We cant seem to get him on a eating schedule!

He is my first and im not sure what to feed him and how to cut down on formula and stuff?

teeg1

Asked by teeg1 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You aren't dumb! My kids ped suggested they eat at breakfast lunch and dinner, either a little puree after a bottle or whatever you are eating. Good luck! :)
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 1:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Aww...you aren't dumb. You are a new mom and we ALL have had an Ah ha moment.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You don't cut down on formula. He needs at least 28-32 ounces until he is 12 months.

You only add some food here and there after he's had a bottle. In fact, give him a bottle, then put him in the highchair and give him bits of whatever you are eating. he can feed himself until he is full.

Search Baby Led Solids.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Feed him when he seems hungry. Children have very different metabolisms and needs than adults. While it is certainly easier on us when they eat on a schedule that isn't necessarily how their bodies naturally work. My daughter is now 3 but it has pretty much always varied... some days she hardly wants to eat and other days she wants to eat every 20 mins. As long as weight gain is steady and normal it's all good. GL
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 4:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/babyledweaning.htm

Lots of good ideas for healthy foods and amounts here.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Pay attention to growth spurts. You'll notice periods where he can't get enough food and other times he will hardly eat at all. Just let him do what feels natural to him and everything will be fine.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 1:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I agree with the PP's. My baby just turned 8 months old and we give her chunks of fruits and veggies and occasionally some mea
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• ha! And that 8 month old just posted before I was ready lol......meats, grains, dairy. I never gave her purees. She started on whole food at 6 months old. Your baby doesnt need to be on a schedule. Just feed him when he is hungry :)
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thank you! I didnt think he could eat the food we do yet? I feel so dumb!
    teeg1

Comment by teeg1 (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2011