Does it matter what time on day I take my prenatal vitamins?

I think my prenatals are making me more nauseous than I would be? This morning, I waited until after I ate breakfast and my morning snack (10:45am) before I took it. Usually I take it when I get up or eat breakfast (9:00a). I did not feel nauseous until about an hour after I took it.

DavaneeKalei

Asked by DavaneeKalei at 5:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no, as long as you take it everyday and try to stay consistent with the timing. i always took mine in the evening because it was the only time i wouldn't run to the bathroom and throw up afterward.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No, it doesnt matter what time you take it..just as long as it works for you. I used to have to take them befor eI went to bed because they made me so nauseated..that way I just slept right through it,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would take it with your breakfast or lunch make sure your tummy is not empty.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• no specific time to take them and feeling sick when you take them it will feel that way but it is best to take it with a glass of milk
    Marie111348

Answer by Marie111348 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• @Marie111348 I actually took it with Milk this morning. It did not help. Thanks for all of your advice. I think I will try it around bedtime...esp since I will be working soon.
    DavaneeKalei

Comment by DavaneeKalei (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My doc told me to take them at night when I went to bed to help with the sickness. They absorb no matter what time.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• milk makes me pukey in the morning take them with water also I heard if ya take vitamins at night it can keep ya up?
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It helped me to eat some toast afterwards. Still make sure you have something in your belly before you take it but try the toast afterwards too.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 5:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2011