I can't be the only one...

Sometimes I hate being a mom! Does anyone else sometimes feel like locking themselves in a room and just being away from their kid/s. It sounds mean, but I feel crazy sometimes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did at first but I had PPD and bonding issues that I wasn't aware I had.. maybe you could check in to that..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• ill admit that sometimes it feels like its too much.. i wouldnt say i hate being a mom during those moments though. everyone needs a break from time to time, so that is nothing to feel guilty/ashamed of. whenever you have those moments, put them somewhere safe and lock yourself in the bathroom for 10 minutes while you regain your sanity. no harm can come of that.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Nope, I love being a mom. I couldn't wait to have my kids and i cherish every minute with them. Maybe you should see a doctor and explain your feelings, you may have an underlying condition of depression that is making you feel this way. Are you a SAHM? Maybe you just need a little time away during the day? Is there a mothers day out program in your area? can you put the baby in part time daycare a couple of days a week?
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 5:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i think what your feeling is normal. In the first month i felt that way. I am a first time mom and my daughter is 4 months but i tend to get a lil stir crazy if i dont get to go out without my little one. We need 'me' time! Maybe get someone to watch your kids while you go out for an hour or so. Just go and relax somewhere. :)
    lovemylife88

Answer by lovemylife88 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I've never hated being a mom. I've been overwhelmed at times, exhausted for sure, but I have never HATED it.
    Anonymous

• I had some really bad PPD and was too stubborn to ask for the help I needed. What really had me in trouble was feeling like I lost myself. If you can get away for a few hours or even a weekend with your husband it might make it a whole new experience for you...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 8:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I feel that way when they are yelling and fighting. It's normal. Get your husband/SOor someone to help you and then go do it once in awhile. Best yet, if you can arrange child care, get a hobby. You **have** to have some *me* time or you'll go crazy. I am lucky because my husband takes care of the kids once a week so I can go to my art class. It helps a lot.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 1:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Well I have never hated being a mom but there are a lot of times that I just need to be alone. Get someone to help you so you can have some "me" time!
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 11:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011