What is your opinion about woman posing nude?

I was just browsing the site and came across an ad that was for allure and 4 actresses posed nude for their magazine. Some of the answers were because they wanted to shed their young girl images. That kind of thing just really rubs me the wrong way and in my opinion i think that there are far better ways that one could show themselves mature. Especially with the fact that i have a baby girl and i hope to God she never turns out like that!

lovemylife88

Asked by lovemylife88 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• its stupid! Whatever happened to leaving something for the imagination?!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I believe in a little thing called modesty and try to instill that in my kids. You don't have to strip to be a grown up.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• As photographer I have an appreciation for the nude shots when done with taste. However, "taste" varies from person to person. I think it's great when any woman is comfortable in her own skin and can show it- on the other hand though, when it is only when they are 110 lb and "perfect" that makes it "ok" that it starts to get to me.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• While I don't think its a wise way to show maturity, I don't really have a problem with it. Some people do it for money, some because they are proud of their bodies. Everyone can rest assured though, I won't be posing nude anytime soon!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I believe that it would be okay and even tasteful if you were doing it for your partner. Just make sure he doesn't show it to anyone! lol
    But when celebrities do it it's in the public eye and for all the wrong reasons.
    lovemylife88

Comment by lovemylife88 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think to each their own.

Answer by gemgem at 5:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• part of being able to 'shed the young girl image' is to act maturely, not show your body.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• to each their own.....
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• im a plus size girl n i have done modellin not topless or nude but i no alot of girls thin n plus si+/ze*d- who pose naked alot so i ent judgemental
    amyb349

Answer by amyb349 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think if its done tastefully as in the allute article, which is for women and not sexual in any way, its fine. Women's bodies are beautiful and you have to give them credit for showing their stuff, I have a completely different opinion for the likes of playboy and all that stuff, now that is just wrong.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2011