What do u think is a good age to take your toddler to their first movie at the theater?

We took our son to his first movie at 2 and 3 months, we went and saw "Rango" he did real good, just wondering what age everyone took there kids to see there first movie

martinsmom2008

Asked by martinsmom2008 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Entertainment

• When they are able to sit still and quietly through an entire movie at home.

While I hate having my movie experience disrupted by kids who don't know any better, I'd like to point out that early matinees (around noon) are ideal for parents with kids under 6, as that is typically the audience you will find at that hour.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 5:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My son went to his first movie at 4 months. And every so often after that. So..he has always gone.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• when they can sit? My kids are 6 and 3 years and they can't sit that long for a movie. My 3 year old wants to run and my 6 year old talks through the whole thing and loud lol. I did however take them to a drive in over the summer so at the time they were 2.5 and 5.5, but that was cause it was outside and it was cheaper that way than the theater and because I really wanted to see the new twilight movie and had no babysitter. My oldest talked the whole time we kept having to tell her to be quiet lol. My youngest kept wanting to run around so I ended up putting them in the van and I sat in the back to watch which I didn't get to hear very much of the movie so had to watch it again when it came on dvd. I thought that would show me if they were ready and it showed they are not ready lol. I took lots of snacks as well to keep them quiet lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• LOL...my son always sat quietly through all movies and never bothered a soul. In fact, he always gave me a look when other kids acted up because he really wanted to scream, "Sit down and shut up!!".
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• 3 years old so they can enjoy it as well
    Marie111348

Answer by Marie111348 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think when they can sit fairly quietly for that long of a time. I hate it when kids are super disruptive at a theater!
    Anonymous

• At 3 my DS could sit and "get it". All kids are different.
    SamMom912

Answer by SamMom912 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Im going go with3 or 4. The last time i took my little ones to the movie my 2 yr old was super busy. I said never again lol
    i just went to the movies last saturday to see Madea big happy family and he slept the whole time....i got lucky this time
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 6:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I was just wondering this myself. I guess it depends on the child. My son is really energetic and hardly sits still, so we haven't rushed to take him to one. His cousin sat still well enough that they took her to see a movie at age 2. We're waiting until he's at least 3 (which will be soon now). So, we were considering taking him to see Cars 2 sometime this summer. I guess if he doesn't sit still enough, we can wait until age 4 for the next movie.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011