Anonymous to Name or Name to Anonymous?

If you ask a question using your name, can you respond to it anonymously............or vice versa?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in About CafeMom

• no. once you're anon,your answer will appear anon,and vice versa

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No, why would you want to unless you want to start trouble?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Any post made by the OP will appear in the red shaded box. If they ask anonymously then all their subsequent answers will post anonymously. However if someone ELSE asks a question you can reply both anon and using their screen name. of course if a person is using two accounts they can always ask anon and answer under their real name but that is a violation of cafemom policy and puts the person at risk of being kicked off the site.(Not that it really stops anyone that really wants to be a troll)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• As butterfly said but if you want to make the whole question to anon or back you can do that. It would change you Q and any answers you had given on it. You can't use a combo of both.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm not saying that I want to, I have seen anonymous questions that I would assume was from a certain person or two and they are there providing answers. I'm asking because I want to know if THEY are doing it. Are you always so ready to assume the worse of someone, layh41407?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No, I was just making a point.
    Actually, I'm usually chastised for thinking the best of people when they don't deserve it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You know I did see someone asking a in question anon and answered in her screen name.  She saw that her question wasn't going to bashed so she started to respond with her screen name thereafter.

It was sometime ago when I saw it. Maybe it was a glitch in the system or my eyes were playing tricks. Eyerub

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It was sometime ago when I saw it.

It used to work that way, and at some point they fixed it to force your answer anon if you ask anon or under your name if it's under your name. Before the changes you could post as anon or yourself every other answer to your own question if you wanted, and for a short time after they put the changes in.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011