What are some tips for potty training a three year old boy?

He will use the potty when he pees but when he poops, he does it in his pants. And when we are out, he will ask to go after he has pottyed in his pants. please help me moms.

afpsmommie2

Asked by afpsmommie2 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• potty training is hard but what worked with my son we started giving him sticker's when he went pee and then when we wanted him to go poop we went to the zoo and got him a book about everyone poops and then when we noticed the times he went poop in his pants we put him on the toilet those where the times we gave him his book once he got tierd of the book and started pooping i let him play my Nintendo DS and once he was accident free during the day on his fourth bday we took away pullups and as a gift he recieved a leapster explore
    momma051209

Answer by momma051209 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• go to the dollar store and pick out a few toys. Let your son see them and have them in plain view. He will want them. bad. Tell him that when he poops in the potty and ONLY when he poops in the potty can he pick one out. He will probably beg, plead, cry and carry on to try to get a toy. but be firm. When he wants the prize bad enough he will go on the potty. Just make sure he is constantly reminded that the toys are there and he could play with them... if he goes potty.

I got a few books and toys from a second hand shop and bribed my son. He was potty trained in a couple of days. It was amazing. I hope this helps:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2011