So if my ultrasounds say 13wks and 5days is that time from lmp even if i didnt member when it was?

weezyanna09

Asked by weezyanna09 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Supposedly. But that is simply going off the size of your baby. Everyone grows at different rates. So 13 weeks 5 days for you is 10 weeks for someone else. Its best to calculate the days from your last menstrual cycle so that they can compare the ultrasound to that date and see if you are growing too fast or too slow and pick up on any potential problems.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• yes and no. it could possibly be when you had your lmp. however.. I was measuring about 5 or 6 days a head of my original due date. my EDD was calculated by my lmp. So the doctor kept that instead of what the ultra sound said. but if you dont know..then your doctor will use what the ultra sound tech said.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If you don't know your LMP, they'll use the ultrasound date as your due date. Typically, my cycles are much longer than the average woman. So, it'll be 15 weeks since my LMP, but I'm only 13 weeks pregnant, because I ovulated a good two weeks later than the average. So, your ultrasound date may line up with you LMP, but it is more likely that it will line up with your date of conception. (Just take two weeks away, and that is the time frame of when the spermies met the egg.) When I go to the doctor, they have a made up LMP for me since my LMP and gestation don't ever match.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2011