How true is this about the American militay?

And what are your thoughts on it?

http://mindprod.com/politics/iraqdontmarry.html#DONTMARRY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Snipped:
    If your husband participates is an aggressive war (illegal first strike war) such as Afghanistan or Iraq, he is guilty of a capital war crime, even if he just peeled potatoes

Really? Id say the article is pretty bogus and written by someone who does not like the military.
    Anonymous

• Pure B.S. Don't agree with any of it... Have known my military man for 20 years... Married for 11... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would never be with a someone still in the military, personally, but for none of the reasons they listed. It's a personal thing- I like bigger guys. My guy would come home too skinny and I would be afraid of breaking him :)
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I scanned it pretty fast, but it seems like a lot of facts followed by a lot of editorializing. For example, yes, military families get transferred a lot. The writer seems to think that is bad, but others might not agree. Military men get PTSD - yeah, that's true. However there are some very effective treatments, like EFT. So while the writer might see that as a reason not to marry, another person might feel it is worth working through the PTSD with a spouse.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 6:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• This is called propaganda!! And is precisely why the saying goes "done believe everything you hear (or read)" !!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm sorry, I couldn't read it. From the responses here, and from the tiny bit I read...I'm already in a pretty pissy mood thx to my oldest not doing her chores. I can tell it'll put me in even worse mood.

Fuck whoever wrote that. I love my soldier and would never give him up.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2011