Cervical cancer?

So at the beginning of my pregnancy I had and abnormal pap. We did a colposcopy and showed abnormal cells. 6 weeks after giving birth they did a follow up colposcopy and took a biopsy. Today he explains that there are 3 stages that they go off of for the biopsy. Stage one being mild and the so on. He said my biopsy came back as stage 3. So we did a leep today to check for invasive cancer. I go back in a week to find out the results and talk about treatment plans. This on top of having postpartum depression wich I can't see a doctor for that for a week also really sucks. I am just glad I am home with my mom through all this so I have plenty back up if for some reason I feel I can't take care of my son at any given time. What I want to know is does anyone have any clue what all this means and have you gone through this and what your treatment option were. Doctor did not want to get into that today so as not to upset me more I guess. Thanks for the help and just for listening. I am pretty much freaking out about this.

angelmine2011

Asked by angelmine2011 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Health

• That's scary stuff no doubt and I wish you the best! This is what I'd be doing until you get some answers, get on line and start researching it yourself! The more you know, the better your gonna understand what is being told to. You can learn so much on the Internet, that way when doctors throw those "BIG" medical terms at you , you'll understand better. Also, once you doctor tells you the different steps that need to be taken, get another opinion ! Best of luck to you!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• aww, I am so sorry. I hope everything comes back okay.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 5:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• praying

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 5:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thank you guys.
    angelmine2011

Comment by angelmine2011 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Hugs! Wait until all the tests come back. Try not to worry...one day at time.
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 5:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I am pretty sure that if it turns out I need cancer treatment I can and will get through this. I have to think that way for my son's sake. The thing that hurts the most is not being able to have the one last baby I want.
    angelmine2011

Comment by angelmine2011 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Ah man. I am sorry to read this. I am wishing you the best.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• ((((HUGS))))
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I wish you the best
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2011