How will the rise in gas prices effect your driving habits?

comfycouch

Asked by comfycouch at 5:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Less driving, that's for sure!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It hasnt really. I live in rural NC and I have to drive to get groceries, clothes, pick up and drop off kids, and really anything we need I have to drive to get it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No affect on my driving or spending habits.

***
    Is that because you live and work in NYC and don't own a car, and rely on public transportation or your feet to get you where you need to go?! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I work an hour away and thats about all the driving I do anyway so it probably won't effect it too much.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• it effects me big time, given the fact that i am a one income household. it's getting so ridiculous, and then i have to pick up all three kids from three different locations, put gas in my car like every two days. recreation time is effected, have to preserve gas however i can.
    msplynae

Answer by msplynae at 5:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It's not.... But I see it impacting more and more people I know... I imagine if it gets to a certain level, we may re-evaluate summer camping plans, but thus far~ no.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Ummmm, personally I probably just won't drive as much, thus not stimulating the economy as much. Oh well. More money for me to hoard.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• They won't affect my DRIVING habits....just my (disposable) SPENDING habits!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Is that because you live and work in NYC and don't own a car, and rely on public transportation or your feet to get you where you need to go?! LOL :o)

No, sorry Lori, You're wrong again. I'm financially secure. I have far more than I need. I have been truly blessed. Gas prices will not affect my life.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 8:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No, sorry Lori, You're wrong again. I'm financially secure. I have far more than I need. I have been truly blessed. Gas prices will not affect my life.

***
    We are financially secure as well! And gas prices will not affect us at all either. I mentioned spending less because I'd rather spend my money expanding our stock portfolio than on useless crap!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011