Sex while pregnant adult content

My husband and I had sex ( I'm 34 wks 5 days ) a few hours ago. Well since then I've been having sharp pains in my belly ( the worst I think I've ever had ) and pains in my groin/legs. I feel a lot of pressure when I get up, but I'm fine with no pains or pressure when I'm standing up. I feel like I've been in the hospital too much for false labor, and I know that they would just tell me to rest and drink plenty of fluids. I've only had about 3 contractions. Is there anything I can do at home for this? Please don't tell me to call my ob because I already know they're just going to tell me to go in to L&D.

Yuriko_chan

Asked by Yuriko_chan at 5:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When I was having false labor pains. ( I was in the hospital 5 times before I actually gave birth) they told me no sex....If it's putting you into contractions, and you know what they're going to tell you, then take a rest from it. Better safe than sorry.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You probably know that an orgasm will "shake things up" for a bit. If you continue to contract and the contractions come closer and closer, it may actually be premature labor. They can give you a shot to stop it, so don't wait to call.
    Dichroic

Answer by Dichroic at 5:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Since around the 34 weeks mark that happend to me after sex. now that i am 37 weeks i feel like that everytime i am laying down and have to move my legs
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 5:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If you are only 34 wks give sex a rest for a while. Pick it up again around your due date. Sex is one of the best things to help that baby come out! At least that's what my midwives told me.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Well my doctor has never told me no sex. And last time I went in to L&D, they told me they don't stop labor after 34 weeks and will help it at 37 weeks. But I'm glad to hear I'm not fully alone on this matter.
    Yuriko_chan

Comment by Yuriko_chan (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Its always best to play it safe, doesn't hurt to make sure you aren't in labor.
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• no sex because if your having labor pains now just imagine if you go into early labor
    Marie111348

Answer by Marie111348 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I didn't know these pains were labor pains.... With my first all the pains I had were when I had a contraction. And since I've only had maybe three contractions, I didn't think it was labor.
    Yuriko_chan

Comment by Yuriko_chan (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• 3 contractions isn't really enough to worry about. The pressure down below and in your groin is probably mostly due to the increased blood flow to the area and the difficulty of said blood getting back out. Some women have significant swelling in their labial area after sex during the 3rd trimester. Put your feet up to help increase the circulation in your lower body. Take a warm bath. And relax.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thanks I appreciate the advice!!
    Yuriko_chan

Comment by Yuriko_chan (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2011