Any advice on coping with possible infertility?

Well, I’m 24 years old and all I’ve ever wanted was to be able to have kids. I started passing out on my periods about 11 years ago. When we finally connected the passing out to my periods I knew something was wrong and I just knew in my gut that I wouldn’t be able to have kids. Last month I had laparoscopy surgery and ended up having endometriosis along with a cyst that was on my ovary and bigger than a golf ball. I’ve gone 2 years with no birth control of any kind and haven’t been pregnant yet. I don’t think it’s going to happen, but its so heart breaking. Is anyone else in the same boat? Any tips on coping and learning how to deal with it? My fiancé has a 4 year old son and oddly enough it makes the coping a million times harder. The kid is a brat and I get completely pushed to the side when we have the kid. Sometimes I find myself wondering if my fiancé would act like that if we had a child. Any ideas?

Kahlua715

Asked by Kahlua715 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• This will sound trite, but I can say from experience, even with cystic ovaries and endometriosis, you may still get pregnant. It might take longer, but it still could happen. I hope so.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2011