Does it bother u?

does it bother you when people who are not mothers try to give you advice about raising your child?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• not really. advice is different than judgement.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Sure does. And sometimes even advice from parents do too. I guess it's if I know the person or if I don't agree with what they're saying, etc.
    Yuriko_chan

Answer by Yuriko_chan at 5:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• sometimes, it depends on who it is?
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• LOL no i would just tell them to MYOB and try having one before you tell me how to rais my babies!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• This question cracked me up ! YES IT DOES BOTHER ME! Usually cause they are saying you are not doing a good job,and if THEY were parents there kids would be little angel children. I have NEVER found the advice to be helpful, it just put me in a bad mood :)
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 5:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Very much so. I usually say it's easy to hand out advice when you're not a parent.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It depends on the advice and how strongly they suggest I take it
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Depends on the person. I have a coworker who does not have children but spends alot of time around her nieces and nephews who gives good advice as she is aware of how children are cause of her involvement with their lives...than there is someone I know who does not have children does not like them and gives advice very negatively about how others should raise their children...I try to avoid her, cause her advice bothers me
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No, it doesn't bother me. They may have a perspective from an outside point of view that could be (and has been for me personally in the past when my son was growing up) helpful and useful.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My favorite is the new parents giving advise on how to raise my 9 and10 year old
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2011