My 5 month son doesn't sleep threw the night still!

He only sleeps for about 3 to 4 hours at a time. He is usually in bed by 8:30 pm and will wake up 2 to 3 times a night for a bottle. He started baby food already, (cereal and veggies) Does anyone have any ideas on how the heck I can get him to sleep more!

Mandypants2006

Asked by Mandypants2006 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry to say that this is normal. If you're into CIO, you could try that. I don't recommend it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think CIO only works on older kids...little babies still need a lot of comfort esp. at night. My doc says he'll have nights where he sleeps through and nights when he doesn't and it will be like that for a while! Sorry!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• yep its pretty normal. my son didn't start sleeping through the night until he was about 11 months and even now he wakes up once a night every few nights, he will be 2 in feb.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 6:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2008