How To Cope With A Break Up During Pregnancy

I will be 33 weeks on Saturday and my 1 year anniversary was suppose to be that day too. My boyfriend just broke up with me yesterday and it's really hard to get over. He says he wants to be friends and be there for the baby. How do I do that without being so upset? I want him at the doctor visits and in the delivery room when the baby comes. He wants that to, but I'm struggling to keep it together. I'm very much in love with him and don't want it to be over. He said he isn't happy with me and he won't change his mind. He said maybe we will see what the future holds but he isn't sure. I'm so heartbroken. I haven't eaten anything since he gave me the bad news yesterday around 1. I haven't felt hungry just weak, tired, and broken. I have to go to school tomorrow and I have homework to do, but I can't focus. He said we are just too different and I can't get over certain things. I told him I would figure myself out and not be upset about things. He said it was too late and I should have fixed it earlier. I wish I knew earlier to fix myself, because now I'm getting ready to deliver a baby. I have to move out and go back to my parent's house and be on my own. This hurts so bad and idk what to do. Hope someone can help.

Kalila2011

Asked by Kalila2011 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• MEN BLAH!!!!!! i really hope he realizes all of the hormones that are raging through your body and how FUCKED up it is that he waited this long to tell you something like that sounds to me like he doesn't want to be strapped down its sooo freakin easy for men to be like OH NEVERMIND i don't want to do this anymore and we have to just deal with it WTF i am sooo sorry you have to deal with this i wish you the best of luck and please try to eat do it for the baby.

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• my bf left me wen i was 12 weeks pregnant thinkin bout it was the best thing hes done ul get over him and good he told u now n not left u stringing alone
    amyb349

Answer by amyb349 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• make yourself eat for the sake of your baby. And hugs, I feel for you
    Anonymous

• oh to go back to the day I was carrying my first child. I am so sorry you are going through this . It may not seem like it right now.... but you will be ok. It hurts like hell I get it. but If I'd have left back then.... I wouldn't be struggling NOW with the lack of self worth, and self esteem that mine childs father took from me. I am sure with your families support you will see the real him. That is a cop out reason he gave you, there is more to it. has to be dear and considering you are pregnant I am pretty sure he wasn't sitting at home with you and just come up with this thought. Try to start the healing process..... and feed that baby.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 6:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• ::hugs:: You need to eat and stay strong for your baby first of all. Second, that's a really crappy thing that he did, if something was wrong in the relationship he should have told you a LONG time ago and given you guys a chance to work on it. I'm really sorry that you are going through this :(
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Why are you focused on fixing yourself? He is the one that is broken.  

blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i am so sorry that you're going through that, for the sake of your baby find something to eat all you have to think about is what goes around comes around
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No advice, just a bump and lots of HUGS!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• try the carnation breakfast or ensure, to give the baby the nutrients it needs if you cannot eat. I lost 40 lbs when my husband asked me for a divorce. Keep your head up! Dont go to school if you cannot focus, and just lean on your friends and family! Take it one day at a time. It will be ok, you just cant see it now!
    DLCarter2011

Answer by DLCarter2011 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thank you everyone I appreciate it. I thought he should have told me the first time he felt upset about something. I could have worked on myself through some jealousy issues or whatever I needed to do. It hurts that I can't even get a chance to fix anything right now. I just don't think it's fair. I stayed faithful and loving. All I did was care about him and that's why I wanted him home and safe. I hope things work out and I know I need to focus on the baby. Thank you all again.
    Kalila2011

Comment by Kalila2011 (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2011