Teething?

My newly 3 month old (just this Sunday) has started to spit up a lot more, on top of him already drooling quite a lot for the past 2 weeks. He also sucks & 'bites' my fingers whenever he gets them in his mouth. I've not seen any sign of tooth eruption, but is it possible for him to be teething or pre-teething already?

EdwinsMommy

Asked by EdwinsMommy at 5:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And why I say spit-up more, I mean he's soiled 3 sets of clothing yesterday and already 2 today :P
    EdwinsMommy

Comment by EdwinsMommy (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Absolutely. My son started teething at 2 months but we didn't see any bubbles from the tooth trying to poke through until he was... I think 6 months. He can teeth for a long time before you see any results.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• And some babies get acid reflux... my son spits up alot. He goes through phases of it. My doctor said there are meds for it, but if it's just a matter of laundry then it's best not to put them on meds. Now if they stop gaining weight or have toher issues, that is different.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Oh and after my son got his first two bottom teeth (at the same time) 1-2 weeks later he has 4 top teeth coming in! He will be 9 months in 2 days.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Wow! He's pretty big for his age & he doesn't quite 'act his age'....he's 15lbs & super strong according to the Pediatrician (well, not exactly that wording) it's a wonder he isn't trying to pop out teeth yet :P
    EdwinsMommy

Comment by EdwinsMommy (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yes its perfectly normal for him to be teething that early. My oldest dd had teeth by the time she was about 3 or 4 months old and had been teething since she was about two months old. If this spitting up is new I'd mention it to his dr next visit, but unless he's choking or notice other problems then I wouldn't worry about it. Go ahead and get teething stuff if you haven't already...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 9:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Researchers say that when babies get their teeth is based on genetic history, so whenever you or his dad got teeth will be when he gets his! But, yes they can teeth forever!!
    If you haven't read it, you should take a look at the new study on orajel, a bit scary I'd stay away from it!
    http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm250029.htm

Good luck!
    Stef (the nanny from http://askananny.com)
    AskANanny

Answer by AskANanny at 12:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My son started teething super early, and I am pretty sure my daughter is starting teething, and she just turned 3 months. Good luck! Teething is no fun, but you will get through it :)
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 11:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2011