Is Mother's Day a day for you or do you spend it with your mom or MIL?

As long as I've been a mom it's always been a day where I have to see my MIL so it's no holiday in my book. What about you?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 5:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Holidays

• lol...i will admit it is not really for me either it is more of a day when we have to go by my Mil and moms house...but i do get a present
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 5:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Day for me.. My MIL is in India and my mom is over 2k miles away in another state.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I might see my mom, but normally I see my mil, and normally dh has to work, so no holiday for me either. I'm normally stuck cooking and cleaning up afterwards for dhs mom. Oye
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It's a day for me, or at least that is how I like it. My mom lives in another state. As for the MIL..........yeah a day for me.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I will be spending it with my mother in law, but I still consider it a holiday because we'll be hanging out eating good food and spending time with our kids =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It's a day for ME.

My mom lives in another state and every year have always sent her a card and a small gift. DH usually visits with his mom a little the day before while he's out at the very last minute buying me my gift.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• The past few Mother's day I have spent with my mom but this year she will be out of town so I think I am going to make it all about me this year!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Me.
    I dont have a mom and my MIL passed away 5+ years ago.
    This year, we will be at Disneyworld. Wa-hoo!!!
    SamMom912

Answer by SamMom912 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Me. I don't have a mom, and my MIL isn't an issue. We haven't seen her in tears. I stop by and give my stepmom flowers though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Neither. They both live too far away.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011