Wouldn't my dr have told me if he heard 2 heartbeats???.....or maybe he didn't want to say anything unless he new for sure???

Ok so I went into my drs on Thursday last week. I was 24 weeks and 2 days. Well at the app before (20 weeks) I seen I was having a girl, but he didn't give me a pic. I mentioned it to him he said he probably wasn't able to get me one. He said he doesn't normally forget he probably just couldn't get me one, but he said he will get me one the next visit which would be 3 more weeks. Well he measured me and stuff and said I was measuring big. So he measured again and he said you know what I want to see you back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound because you are measuring really big. Well he then listened to the babies heartbeat and he was quiet for a sec and his eyes were squinted like he was listening and thinking, but he didn't say anything. I was stairing at him thinking he was going to tell me it was twins lol, but he didn't (which is good). But it sounded to me there was 2. It might been an echo though I don't know. But if he thought he heard a second heartbeat wouldn't or shouldn't he have told me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Im sure if he thought you were having twins he would have told you of the possibility.

Answer by gemgem at 6:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I am sure he would have told you... Did you ask him why you may be measuring so big?? maybe you are just further along then they originally though...?
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• The second 'beat' you heard could have been the blood running through your cord.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• With three ultrasounds, I think you can be pretty confident that you are not carrying multiples. 20 week fetuses are pretty visible.

He might want to monitor you more closely to make sure that you do not develop blood pressure issues . . . .checking for protein in the urine more frequently.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Have you had any of your ultrasounds yet?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• im sure he wud off told u
    amyb349

Answer by amyb349 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• YES!!!!
    threetimesaroun

Answer by threetimesaroun at 6:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• in order to avoid alarming someone I would not say anything until I was completely sure, jmo
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• if you have already had 3 sonos, you would know if you were having twins. I knew by sono that I was having twins at 8 weeks, and they never could pick up a second heartbeat in the dr's office
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 7:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• oh and my 24 weeks and 2 day visit I already gained 45 pounds
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011