Omg am I swallowing pus?

This post is nasty I know but,I've had this smell in my nose my ears dont hurt and my sinuses dont hurt yet I keep swallowing something that taste well gross. Also the sides of my neck feel uncomfortable. Would it be bad to go to the hospital? I don't have any cash or insurance. I just don't feel right at all. I know ER's are for emergencies only but I need help.
If I was you would you go or tough it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Health

• How long has this been going on? What about just going to a clinic or urgent care, it'll be cheaper than the ER!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Are your tonsils swollen? I would personally not go to the doctor, I don't have insurance either, so I have to be REALLY sick to go to the doc. Anyway... I would gargle with salt water, several times a day and start taking Mucinex to dry out anything that is going on with your sinuses and tonsils.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• for a week,and I'd go to an urgent care but I have no money at all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• tonsils are a little sore.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Do the salt water thing. I just had something very similar and that is what I did, it cleared up after about a week of the gargling.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yeah I would proably get that checked out. It could just be your sinus's draining but... ewww.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would go to the hospital and get checked out. I don't know about where you live but in Ohio, when you go to the hospital, if you don't have insurance they will give you paper work that you can fill out and you will get a discount on your visit and sometimes, depending on how much income you have, you don't have to pay anything. My son was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance and once we went, we found out about a month later, that he was no longer on my insurance because of paperwork being filed wrong when he started college. He filled the forms out and ended up not paying anything but the ambulance ride.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would go to the hospital and get it checked out
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2011