Gas is killing me =[

I put $11 in and all I got was 3 gallons. I'm not going to be able to put gas in too much longer and I don't know how I'll get to work either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• I understand.
    If your job offers the opportunity to telework take advantage of it or if you can get extended hours and work less days this is good too.

We live so far out and have to drive everywhere, so no other options for us but to give up some other habits like eating out on the wknds.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I know everyone is struggling.my hubbys truck takes 135.00 a week just to go to and from work.then i have my car. I hope they do something about it or alot of people are gonna suffer really hard!! Good luck i hope everything works out for you.
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My husband makes decent money. I dont mean like wow were so rich lol but decent, and any extra money we have had to buy clothes or spend on fun things is going to gas. We dont have a choice though. So many jobs were outsourced and none have been brought back so my dh works in the next county over.

Answer by gemgem at 6:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My husband commutes an hour each way to work and gas is costing upwards of $600 a month for us now.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My husband commutes to work, but thank God I started my at home business!! We save a lot of money in gas now, and I make enough money to cover his gas and bills! I can't stress how good this has worked for us! Maybe you could find something like that. Even if you wanted to do it part time and keep your job. It would at least cover your commuting cost!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• A home based business would be a great option to help make ends meet!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You got 3 gallons with $11?!? What state do you live in?? I'm in CA and it's like $4.25/gal here. I'm jealous!
    lauriep219

Answer by lauriep219 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• jeesh it takes 20 to make 1/2 tank in my 4 cylendar
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• same here! it took $45 to get 11 gallons... and that was at 3.73. the real price here is 4.03 now... i'm scared! =(
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 4:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Super scary how fast they are going up. All you can do is drive less. Carpool? Ride a bike? Walk more? Consolidate trips. Grocery shop every other week. Every little bit helps.

Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011