is it a problem for children to go naked most of the time?

Two year old daughter is always taking her clothes off. The room temperature is too cold for me to go without a sweater. Should I worry?

Gramma070108

Asked by Gramma070108 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, our daughter is 17months old and she loves to run around naked. Its just more comfortable for her. hehe.

I just turn the heater on, so it will be warm for her. Why dont you do that?! I guess that would solve the problem :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• THAT IS JUST NORMAL FOR A TODDLER WHO WAS BORN THAT WAY AND DOESN'T KNOW PROPER ETIQUETTE YET. ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN. MY 9 YR OLD WEARS 4-5 OUTFITS A DAY. LOL SHE IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING HER CLOTHES AND LOVES TO DESIGN CLOTHES ON VIDEO AND PC GAMES. AT LEAST YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH TO WASH!!

TAMMY & DD BRANDEE
    TFF1963

Answer by TFF1963 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Not at all. That's what 2 yo's do. My LO will strip down when it's only 63-65 degrees in the house. I think they naturally run warmer than we do. I figure if he were cold, he'd put some clothes on or ask me to put his clothes on him.

* note, I don't keep our house at 63-65 degrees, but have a wood stove that I light every morning. It's usually that temp when we wake up in the mornings. Sometimes it takes a little while for the house to get to 72 degrees.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 6:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• If she is happy even though it seems cool to you, then she is fine. When she feels cold she'd get clothes put on.

Answer by Bmat at 7:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My kids are 2 and 3 and they would run around in their undies if i didnt make them put something on...i dont see anything wrong with it unless you have people over at your house...and as long as its just at your house they are fine.. I think its normal....
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 11:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My son is 3 and the minute he walks into our house he strips down to nothing but his birthday suit. Everyone in my family laughs about it but I do like to pick and choose my battles and w/ a 3yr old and a 1yr old this is one battle I am willing to let him win. He isn't hurting anyone and like everything else with kids it's probably just a phase that he will eventually grow out of.
    blakensara

Answer by blakensara at 12:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• DD does the same thing!!! I didn't know that it was normal, but I do now!!! As soon as she comes home from being out, she strips!!! If I put pajamas on her at night, she'll take the bottoms and the underwear off and sleep like that....she hates shoes and socks, too!!! I didn't know what to think but now I know that it's normal so I'm not so worried...
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 3:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2008