How do you think american citizens would react?

The royal wedding is costing 34 million dollars and 32 million of the 34 is for security which is being paid by tax dollars. How would americans react considering the millions of resources that could benefit from that..especially when the family has means to pay it themselves.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Entertainment

• I am sure there would be people on all spectrums.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 7:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Uh, they're British, so what does this have to do with Americans?
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• We wouldnt like it, but we dont have a royal family that is and has always been part of the lives of the people.

Answer by gemgem at 7:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• hill_star I know they are british and it has nothing to do with americans dumbbutt I just said how would americans feel if it were like that here. answer the question or dont... grow up
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Haha calling someone names, who needs to grow up?
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think we would definitely react poorly to it, and I do think that it is an expense that they should pay the bulk of themselves. That said, we have plenty of our own cases of frivolous spending popping up on a regular basis. This one just happens to be a big lump sum "in your face" incident where ours are more spread out, I think.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Oh brother!!!!!!!!!! lol
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 5:36 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would not be happy at all. That is terrible that the people of Britan have to pay for this.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The people of Britian actually only pay a small portion. About 90% of the cost was covered by the Royal Family who has income from many sources, that do not include tax dollars. They all own businesses and are paid for appearances, etc. The 10% that British tax dollars did cover is mostly for the military's paycheck that was there for security...but the Royal Family actually paid them a small bonus as well out of the family's pocket.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 30, 2011