My hair is shoulder length I had a color and highlight I let it grow out for six months

then got a perm then wanted a color and highlight the hairdresser put a color in and my grey roots turned white and my normal color turned light orange i like a beige blonde...help

she doesn't want to tone it because she 's afraid the white will turn blue or green ... she wants to lighten the orange spots with hightlights to blend it but it's already so light help!!!

orangyinback

Asked by orangyinback at 7:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• well..just trying to put this together...but what was the color she put on your new growth? was it a blonde? what was your desired color? what color is/was your natural/new growth?
    did she color, then highlight with foil/pull through a cap/bleach? too many ?s here to answer your dilemna. (toner is not the answer, at this point. )
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• need to give your hair a break I'd say, white roots? was it bleach? yikes...here's a bump
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• my roots were medium brown with grey mixed mostly on the sides and top front she put in a blonde shade now my roots are medium orange and the grey turned white...
    orangyinback

Comment by orangyinback (original poster) at 2:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It can be toned down with a NEUTRAL toner.. that's weird for your stylist to say that .. Blue/green color comes from ash based colors... ash isn't the only thing out there. You definitely have options. I would use a demi permanent neutral based color to tone down the highlights and then leave your hair alone for a bit it sounds like its been through a lot.
    catsmeow616

Answer by catsmeow616 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'd say foil everything a deeper colour a light brown or something to get rid of the orange & darken the grey. Then leave it alone for a while.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I did not get a highlight yet, although she wants to highlight where it is orange(mostly the back and back crown where there was no grey) to help blend and not appear to be orange.But I feel that the orange will still show through and it will only make the over all look seem even lighter because even though I'm much lighter in the front due to the greys gone white ,I can still see the orange.(especially when it's wet) I just want to cut the orange but I'm afraid of what the whiter pieces will look like.
    orangyinback

Comment by orangyinback (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Its hard to cut the brassy colour one there so you will have to foil lighter with probably bleach or go with a light ash brown...having that colour sucks I know its happened to me.....or she can alternate colours with the light brown & low volume bleach is ya want to keep some lightness to it in the end you will have 3 different colours though.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2011