Uho, she doesn't seem to like the vegetables.

My daughter doesn't seem to like the vegetables like carrots, peas, green beans, etc. They told me to start her out on these first so she doesn't get use to sweets. But she doesn't want to take them. She takes like 2 or 3 bites and spits it out. What about if i cook potates and cream them real good. Would those cause constipation though?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All doctors suggest different things. My doctor actually had us start out on fruit first. He then had me mix in fruit with the veggies to sweeten them a bit and then keep reducing the amount of fruit in the veggies til there is none. I wouldn't suggest cooking potatoes and cream.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I would actually start with sweet potatoes. That's what I started mine on, and she loves all her veggies. And you have to keep trying: the first few times I gave mine real food, she didn't quite know what to think, but she got into the swing...
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 5:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• You can also make your own baby food. It doesn't take that much extra work and it might taste better fresh. DH just gave me some fresh home made carrot juice and it tastes better than the store kind so who knows maybe home made carrots are better that the jarred ones?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It takes time to get used to new tastes. Also, she might not be ready for them.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I wouldn't worry. My daughter loved veggies until around 1 year then she liked fruit better. Their taste will change. Just keep offering different foods.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry about it. Just keep offering them to her. My daughter loved the veggies - until she switched to real food. After offering her peas over 30 times during a 2 month period (I kid you not!), she finally ate some.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My daughter's first food was bananas. She loves everything I give her now. Just keep offering them to her, and hopefully her taste will change.
    angelofice

Answer by angelofice at 7:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My DD doesn't like peas or carrots at this point, but she will eat just about anything else. I don't care that she doesn't like them she has to eat them anyway. The first battle children try to win is over food. Just keep trying you will get you LO to eat them. If veggies aren't going over well try some of the fruits.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I have heard that it takes several times being exposed to a new food before a little one may like it. I say keep trying; you know veggies are good for her, she doesn't.
    allisoncane

Answer by allisoncane at 7:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2008