Fibromyalgia: what do I have to look forward to with this condition?

I'm going to the doctor very soon and finally feel like I have found what has been plaguing me ever since I had my dd 2.5 yrs ago. I have been searching and searching for the cause of all my symptoms and finally have found it, I'm certain. I have taken numerous test and they couldn't figure it Out but I am going in the doctor soon armed with a diagnosis that i want them to look into because I feel this is it. It fits me to a "T"..I'm just glad I finally found out what it was.

What do I have to look forward as far as pain and my condition as I get older. I'm 23 going on 24 in June. I just need to know what I'm up against. I'm kinda scared..

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 7:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Health

• Fatigue, muscle aches and pains. Try to get a lot of rest, drink plenty of fluids like water and juice. They have meds like Lyrica but everyone reacts differently. So whatever you do that helps with the pain and fatigue do it. Exercise helps. Walking. Don't give up.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 9:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Alot of aches and pains my sister has it.Just eat healthy and take care of yourself
    SCOOKIH

Answer by SCOOKIH at 7:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It's hard to say because it is so different for each person. With me my biggest issue is the fatigue. Some days it's overwhelming. I have flare ups of pain especially when the weather is bad or I am stressed. I find if I exercise I feel better. I also need to start eating better because I know that also helps.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have no idea, but I am wishing you the best in managing this illness.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would try to eat healthy.
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011