How do you honor your loved ones who have passed away on their holiday(s)?

This will be my first mother's day without my mom. She will always be alive in my memory. She doesn't have a grave bc she was cremated, so I can't lay flowers or anything for her. I would like to do something to honor her memory, but I don't know what yet. What do you do to honor your passed loved ones?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 7:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Holidays

• My daughter died last year and on her birthday we set off balloons. I know a number of people do this. We like this, because my granddaughter who lives with us could participate. She is 4 so this year she can put a note that she writes in the balloon. My LO asks to call her and doesn't understand why there is no phone to heaven. So this is a way to send a tangible message.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• How sad hun, well if you are religious, you can have a religious service in her name. Big hugs to you.

Answer by older at 7:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My mother planted some plants that come up annually (cant remember the word for that at the moment), in memory of my great grandmother when she passed.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your daughter. This sounds like a wonderful idea to me. :)
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2011