Do you think they will attack people who apply for TOYS FOR TOTS next?

With all these posts about people being on govern asst. Do you think they will think that it is bad parenting to have to or to apply for TOYS FOR TOTS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Probably, It seems that these people want innocent children to suffer for choices and circumstances that have nothing to do with them. I feel that we as a society are responsible to the well being of children. If the parents can't provid its our responsibility to support and provide parents with the things they need. (whether it be toys for tots, welfare, food stamps whatever! But thats just me.
    Anonymous

• It would appear so...
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No, our office is a drop off site for toys for tots, and we receive our list of families from our local city government office of needy families. The list is screened and homesites are checked a week prior to giving out toys. Because...toys for tots has been abused in the past.
    Anonymous

• i love the first answer from anon. i feel the same way. ive made choices in my past that were not good, it caused me to be a single mom of 2, never married, etc. but because people were willing to help me, give me a chance, show they cared, and yes, help from the govornment, i was able to change my life. i realize not everyone will be grateful or change, but if that kep people from caring for children and what happens to them, who knows where id be?
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 5:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Oh these people are already getting attacked, just not in such large numbers. A lot of people have started drama by saying "Why would you apply for assistance for toys and stuff when you really should be focusing on the family aspects of the holiday? OH MY GOD YOU HORRIBLE PARENT." I'm sure someone else will stir it up again before Christmas gets here.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I got attacked for wanting to donate a gift to a child. I should be donating my money and my time somewhere it really counts apparently. Not to a poor child that won't get a gift otherwise because the economy sucks right now.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think every child should have a christmas.. In this day and age the way jobs are going we will see more ppl getting help.I would reather see my taxes and giving $$ to my own country.We have gave so much to other countries.why should we #itch about giving to or own.. and i am lynne2020 so ppl knows who i am..
    lynne2020

Answer by lynne2020 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• OP: Do you think they will attack people who apply for TOYS FOR TOTS next? Who are you talking about? who is attacking people? You can report people who attack others on CM.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 6:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I don't see anyone attacking today. I see people with lots of questions and opinions. And then I see people getting defensive. But no attacking.

Toys for Tots is a donation system. I happily donate as much as I can each year to Toys for Tots. But, It is not overseed by the government. My tax dollars do not goto pay for all the toys that are provided to help children have a wonderful Christmas. So this is comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. If someone were to mandate my tax dollars to goto toys for tots, who knows, then it may be different, but this purly volunteer.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I have mostly seen opinions on here a few attacks but very few. Just because someone has a differing view does not mean they are attacking you. I realize our overly liberal politically correct world we are all supposed to use group think when we are online or out in society. Some of us do think out of that box and share our differing opinions. How you take someones opinion is on you. You can take it to heart and make everything about you or you can just realize it is an opinion and has nothing to do with you personally. 

Anonymous