Is taking care of a second baby hard?

my friend is on her way to bring me a test ... and im scared ... im afriad since this one wouldnt be planned my husband might resent it? idk im just scared i know i shouldnt be but thats alot more to think of with two kids my son is 18 months and my husband wanted to wait until he got out of school and we had our own home... im afriad if i am he will be disappointed .. although it is his fault to .. we used condoms and pull outs... which oviously there is a chance but it took soo long to get pregnant with our first son.. im soooo darn scared and dont know why and i have lots of thoughts running through my head and my stomach has butterflys ...should i be this worried ? is taking care of another baby hard?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Tending to kids close in age is a bit hard, but after the first 3-4 months, things get easier. When the baby sleeps, the other one gets tended to. It's tough at the beginning because of the feedings that are constant, but babies sleep long hours during the day and night so it varies. Little ones and attention, if the older one participates and you give praise it does get better. Having 2 in diapers is a challenge, but after just a few months, things start settling down and a system gets worked out. Financially, diapers gets to be the juggling act, but somewhere down the line, they might end up in the same size.
    It was easier for me with kids closer together. Having 2 in diapers. Struggled at first to make a system and when the baby got a bit bigger I had a system worked out. It has it's moments, but the little ones smile and you see the worth in all that goes on. G'luck.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 7:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• First, you don't even know you're pregnant yet, so don't be too worried just yet.

Second, what's done is done...if you are pregnant, it is not like some tirckery got you there. You weren't telling him you were on birth control and not taking it, things happen.

Third, think of what you DO have going for you if you are pregnant....you are married, your kids would be spaced apart a reasonable amount. You would have 9 months to prepare and have a lot of baby things already.

He can't be mad about it, really. He might be a bit freaked out, and it wouldn't be timed perfectly, but you're his wife and you're already parents...life happens, ya know.

Good luck! Let us know!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• the adjustment from one to two children is simply that, an adjustment. Life happens and if your husband can't understand that then he has some maturing to do. Don't start panicking until you know for sure. If it says yes, then go from there. I had my second child sooner than I wanted to, but it all worked out :)
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Did you take the test?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011