How do I get my 20 mo. old to stop saying cuss words?

rainbow_mommy09

Asked by rainbow_mommy09 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are you serious?! .. id probably stop saying them infront of your child!!! jeez
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Don't respond when he says them. Just ignore it. If it gets a big reaction, he'll keep doing it. And don't say those words in front of him anymore.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Dont cuss around him/her anymore and when they say it tell them it's not nice and not to say it, but don't react (in a bad or good way) Just state it plainly then walk or look away. If it draws too much attention, they will think it's funny and do it more.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• iwould like to know the same thing lol my three year old keeps saying ass, i try to tell her no thats a bad word but she doesnt understand
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• They have to have heard it somewhere, so either stop saying those words around them or don't let others say them around them.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Make sure he does not hear them being said. That includes on tv.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Just ignore it. Don't laugh, look, or respond at all when it is said. And, try to talk to the person who may be cussing around your kids to discourage them from doing so at your house.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't cuss in front of her but my family members do! But anyway thanks for the advice everyone!
    rainbow_mommy09

Comment by rainbow_mommy09 (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• well for one dont say them around her or him and when the baby says them dont pay no attention ... then she or he will stop saying them it worked for my son
    frances693

Answer by frances693 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i make the occasional slip up and curse in earshot of my children sometimes. my 2 year old immediately repeats it and i just ignore it and absolutely do not make a big deal of it. then i make a mental note to be careful next time and watch my mouth around them. i have never heard her repeat the word a second time.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2011