Grilled Cheese

How do you make yours?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 7:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Mine or the kids?
    Mine is rye bread, loads of strong imported swiss cheese and thinly sliced onions and tomatoes when they are in season.
    The LOs is Wheat bread, colby or cheddar cheese.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yum, some of them sound so good. I butter both outsides add cheese and tomato that's at for me. For hubs and the kids I add ham.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• and grill it ofcourse lol.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Butter both sides...use a nice thick piece of the cheese of your choice.. let it melt some ... fry up a piece of ham on side .. once warm.. put on melted cheese and put on other slice of bread and flip till the bread is toasted.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• spread a little butter on the outside of the slices of bread, put it in the pan with two slices of cheese between. wait a few minutes, and flip it over to cook just until the bread is slightly toasty and the cheese is melted.
    simple.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I butter the outside of the bread... what ever kind we have on hand. I like american cheese but some times I'll change it up and use provolone or maybe some pepper jack... and then I like them best in the oven, always perfect golden brown and never soggy... I cook them at 350 for however long... I dunno, 30 mins? I just keep an eye on them.

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i dont butter the bread anymore, i just slap a little bit of butter in the frying pan and let it melt. while its melting i assemble the sandwiches lol.. wheat bread and two slices of deli american cheese. when the butter is melted and pan is nice and hot, i put the sandwiches on and cook. comes out the same as buttering the bread itself in my opinion.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Butter both sides of the bread, put the cheese in the middle and grill.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I butter the pan lightly, put mayonnaise on the outside of the bread, put extra sharp cheddar, dijon mustard, and apple slices inside. For kids, I slap whatever cheese I can find between two slices of bread, butter it, and cook until the cheese melts a bit.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• two slices of bread with a bit of butter and cheese. =-D
    sodapple