Chemical burn. OT

ok, so on sunday night i got some cleaner (CLR) in my left eye and it burned like a mug!! anyways, i rinsed it out several times throughout the night and went to bed. well when i woke up monday morning i couldnt see. i wasnt "blind" persay, but the only thing i could see was light, i couldnt see shapes or objects, just light.. i was freaking out!! I ended up going to the ER after calling my eye doctor. I had to do a vision test, then they numbed my eye and did a scan of it.. they gave me some drops and stuff and told me my vision should improve within the next few days and should fully heal in the next few weeks and to go back in for a follow up in a couple days.. well im blessed to say that my vision is improving. slowly but its improving. i also have a burn under my eyebrow, it also is starting to heal but it hurts.

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• That is horrible. I am glad that your vision will be back with time.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• OUCH. Glad it isn't too serious. Must hurt like hell, though. I splashed Diet Coke in my eye a couple weeks ago. OY...it burned like crazy and was irritated for a few days but I survived.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• lmao!! i didnt know diet coke was that potent.. hahahah! (sorry, not funny)
    1sttimemom2011

Comment by 1sttimemom2011 (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Future reference...milk is a great neutralizer. My son once got into my acrylic nail chemicals and yep but it on his eye's the only thing that saved his vision is the fact that I rinsed with milk. That one lesson from beauty school has saved a few peoples eyes that I know. I hope you feel better soon...that looks miserable!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2011