What is your shopping style?

Do you usually have a budget? Do you pass up the cookie aisle to avoid eating unhealthy? Do you circle the parking lot 20 times before finding a spot front and center? Do you take your kids or your husband...why or why not? Tell us what a normal shopping trip is like for you!!shopping

805doll

Asked by 805doll at 7:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Shopping

• Grocery shopping is totally different than my other shopping, so I'll start there. I always park OUT in the parking lot. I like to walk, plus I don't trust anyone very close to me. For me, grocery shopping is get in, get what I want and get the heck out. I hate it. But, shopping for anything else, I TOTALLY LOVE IT. I can spend hours in TJ Maxx, Lowes, Sears, the mall, Target. I put on my iPod, block everyone else the heck out and shop till I drop!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I hate to shop at malls. I refuse to shop somewhere that I need to write down the address of my parking space. I pick out the clothes I like and go home to try them on. I love to shop at the organic grocery store. I lovelovelove hardware stores. I go up and down the aisles and think about what I would like to buy if I had the money to get whatever I want. I adore going to Petsmart to get my cat's food and litter. I prefer to shop at stores that have parking spaces right in front of the store. I "window shop" online. The only clothing item I try on at the store is bras. I would rather buy a new tool or appliance than a new outfit. I adore appliances!
    KrazeeKatLady

Answer by KrazeeKatLady at 8:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• it's about as normal as it gets. i don't park close to the store. i hate fighting for parking spaces and pushing my eay through pedestrians. ill go in and out of the back way if there is one. produce, meat, and diary are first on the list, and if there's money left over for snacks usually i'll get them. i rarely use coupons except for like toilet paper, because i usually buy store brands anyways, which are cheaper than when i use coupons. i rarely take my family, or else ill end up with a crap load of junk!
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 8:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No kid, no husband. Sometimes it's the only time all weekend I get an hour to myself. Approximately the same parking space every time, since I just look for one near the cart return. If I need to do deli, I do that first, otherwise I get frustrated with the wait. I pop only into the aisles where I need something, always end up having to double back at least once because there appears to be no logic to where some items are placed, then do produce, meats, and frozen before trying to get a cashier other than the really slow guy (even with a bagger, his line is always super slow.) I don't have a budget for food, I just buy what's on the list (plus a few extras.)
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My DH does the majority of the grocery shopping at night when our kiddos are in bed. I might make a trip once a month but usually for personal hygiene stuff and only to Walgreens or Rite Aide. I get overwhelmed by selections/prices etc; but whenever I do go, I don't park close, I have my list and stick to it. I do most clothing shopping online but we have a local store here if it doesn't fit I can return easily enough. We have 3 little boys so even taking trips to the store as a family are pretty rare : )
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2011