Kay fess up ladies!

Okay so who has shut an animal or their childs fingers in the door way? Fess up so I dont feel so awful please! The cat just got shut in the door & hurt her foot, this is the second time the first time it was just her tail. I also have accidently shut my daughters fingers in the car door when she was 2 years old, thankfully I caught the door before it locked & they just bruised a little.

SO is sitting here going I have a problem b/c I have shut a family member in the doorway 3 times now while the cat, our daughter & himself have yet to do it once! Sounds so awful when he says it that "shut the door on a family member 3 times now" ugh lol So come on fess up & make me feel a little better!

BTW the cat is doing fine, she just got up & walked to her food dish she looked to be walking pretty normal =(

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I haven't done that, but I have done PLENTY of stupid things, believe me. Don't feel bad.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• lol! you arent alone! I have acctidentally shut my toddlers finger in the fridge but THANKFULLY it didnt hurt her and she didnt cry but I felt absolutely awful!!!! dont feel bad crap happens!!!!

raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 8:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I shut my oldest sons finger in the door when he was about 4 years old. I thought he had moved his hand and he hadn't. He got some cuts although in the end he was fine. I think it happens to all of us at one point or another.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yes. I got my daughters finger in the refrigerator crisper door and my sons arm in a door. :( I felt like such slime.

I take stuff like that as a reminder that I need to take my vitamins and get to sleep earlier.

Hugs.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I haven't shut my child's fingers in the door, but I have pinched him under his chin with a zipper. I felt so bad about it I cried for a couple of days over it. After that happened,I started making sure I had my finger over the top of the zipper so I wouldn't do that again.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I shut my friends daughter in their door. They had a huge steel door that you had to slam to shut, she snuck behind the freaking door as i was leaving and put her fingers in there :( She lost all the fingernails on her right hand but her thumb, and i broke 2 fingers. I had to rush her to the hospital because only the sitter was there with no car. Thank god they were so understanding. I felt like absolute shit over it, I cried myself to sleep taht night, then went and bought her a new bike, a new pool and a new barbie house the very next day.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I haven't shut dd's hands in anything yet *she's good at doing that on her own right now lol* but today she was under my feet while I was trying to cook and I stepped on her and knocked her over :( she fell backwards and hit her head on the cabinet. She's ok, just cried for a few min.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My ds was in daycare and they called to tell me that his hand had been shut in the side of the door where the hinges are. In other words the door was able to close and latch. I was MAD. he had to have xrays for broken bones. I didnt understand how that could happen. Well, when we were moving into our new house I DID the same thing to him. It left indentions in his fingers and it was so sad. It happens to the best of us. I have even dumped boiling water on my youngest. (i swear im not clumsy all the time)

alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• When my daughter was just getting good at walking it was like i had a little shadow and i didn't realize a couple of times that she was right behind me and closed the door twice in two weeks on her poor little fingers!! I felt so bad! Don't worry it happens to the best of us.
    Hollyann126

Answer by Hollyann126 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have not shut the door on my dauters hand that I can remember,but my mom shut the car door on my hand,and honestly my mom is like the best mom in the world. Things happen...don't worry !
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 12:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2011